Club By Laws
Vietnamese Golf Alliance of Southern California By-Laws
Article I - NAME
The name of this golf club shall be Vietnamese Golf Alliance of Southern California Golf Club.
Article II - OBJECTIVES
1. To promote, supervisor and conduct competitive golf events for amateur golfers.
2. To promote and foster among the members a closer bond and fraternity for their joint and mutual benefit, and to promote and conserve the best interests and true spirit of the game of golf as embodied in its ancient and honorable traditions.
3. To encourage conformance to the USGA Rules of Golf by creating a representative authority.
4. To maintain a uniform system of handicapping as set forth in the USGA Handicap System and issue Handicap Indexes to the members and guests.
5. To hold monthly events and special tournaments throughout the year, when possible.
6. To provide an authoritative body to govern and conduct club competitions.
Article III – MEMBERSHIP
1. Membership shall be available to all men and women.
2. Membership dues shall be set in such amounts as the Committee determines to be adequate to operate and maintain the Club. Membership dues shall be payable annually.
3. Members shall agree and abide by and support the By-Laws and general policies of the club, observed course etiquette and proper conduct and play by USGA Rules. Members must be in good standing, and show good moral conduct.
4. The fiscal year for the club will be September 1st through July 31st.
5. In the event that any member of the club shall commit any act which reflects discredit or disrepute thereon or shall refuse or neglect to comply with the rules and regulations adopted by the Committee, such member shall be subject to suspension or expulsion by a majority vote by the Committee after ten (10) days written notice to such Member and the right to be heard.
Article IV – BOARD OF COMMITTEE
1. The Board of Committees shall consist of five (5) members in good standing of the Vietnamese Golf Alliance of Southern California and they shall exercise all powers of management of the club not specifically excepted by these By-Laws.
2. The Board of Committees shall meet at such times and places as they may select and a majority of the Committees shall constitute a quorum at any meeting.
3. In the case of any vacancy through death, resignation, disqualification or other cause, the remaining Committees, even though less than a quorum, may elect a successor by majority vote to hold office for the unexpired term of the director whose place shall be vacant, and until the election of his successor.
Article V - NOMINATIONS AND ELECTIONS OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS
1. Voting shall be written ballot and those names receiving the greatest number of votes cast shall be declared. In an election year, voting process shall be completed prior to the season opener (September) tournament.
2. Any member of the Board of Committees or active member of the club may nominate candidates for the Committee. The Committee consisting of five (5) members of the organization.
3. The term of the Board of Committees is two (2) years with election every odd year (such as 2017, 2019, etc…); within ten (10) days after election completed, the list of all elected Committee Members shall be announced and posted on the club website.
4. Any member of the Board of Committees or active member of the club may nominate candidate for the club President; the term for club President is two (2) years with election every odd year (such as 2017, 2019, etc…); within ten (10) days after election completed, the list of all elected President shall be announced and posted on the club website.
5. The elected President shall select members within the club to serve the following roles:
A. The President shall preside at all meetings. The President may cancel, reschedule or call general meetings Board meetings or special meetings as is necessary for the business of the club. The President shall have general supervision over affairs of the club.
B. Handicap Chairman shall maintain an accurate the record of all tournament scores, shall keep temporary handicaps for guests and shall adjust any member and/or guests’ handicap deemed necessary to ensure a fair and proper system of handicaps in accordance with procedures set forth in the USGA Handicap System.
C. Tournament Director shall conduct all monthly tournaments; shall prepare an annual calendar of tournaments; shall see that the conditions of the competition are posted prior to the tournament; and appointed one or more assistants as deemed necessary.to arrange and schedule with the management of any golf course as necessary, and conduct all intra-club and inter-club competitions; and may appoint one or more assistants as deemed necessary.
D. Social Director is responsible for encouraging and arranging social entertainment features and events for special occasions and may appoint one or more assistants as deemed necessary.
E. The Treasurer shall pay all legitimate bills approved by the Committee. A written report of all receipts and expenditures shall be rendered at all regular meeting and published a monthly report. The books may be audited at any time and the end of the treasurer’s term of office.
F. Secretary is responsible for capturing all rulings and decisions during Committee meeting and making sure contents are posted on club’s website.
G. Technology Director is responsible for the maintenance and overall operational of the club website.
Article VI - AMENDMENTS TO BY-LAWS
The Board of Committees shall have the power to repeal or amend any of these By-Laws provided that such action shall not be effective until approved by a majority vote of the Committee Members of VGA SoCal club at a meeting held in accordance with the provisions contained herein.
Article VII – CHARITABLE DONATIONS
The Board of Committees shall be empowered to make charitable donations to any entity or organization. The amount of such donation and or the frequency of such donation shall be at the discretion of the Board.